I received a Newsletter from Submit Express, an SEO Company and named as the Top Search Optimization Firm in 2009 by Website Magazine. The company has also been ranked in the Inc. 5,000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for three consecutive years (2007-2009), and was also named to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America in 2008 and 2009.
The Los Angeles Business Journal and San Fernando Valley Business Journal have also listed Submit Express as one of the fastest-growing private companies in their respective regions. It's worth sharing I believe that you guys can also read this article written by Mr. Pierre Zarokian himself, the President and CEO of Submit Express.
From years of experience in operating mainly WordPress-based blogs, I have learned valuable lessons on how to optimize blogs for search engines and increase traffic to the sites. Here are my Top 10 SEO tips for bloggers; I hope these insightful tips can help improve your blog’s SEO.
- Conduct proper keyword research and use keywords in your title and content. The title in your home page is the most important place to feature your most important keywords. When you post new articles, keep in mind that most blog platforms will make your article title the HTML title tag as well. Therefore, create your titles with keywords you want to target.
- Be familiar with your blogging platform to use built-in SEO features. Install additional SEO pluggins. For WordPress, "All in One SEO" or "Platinum SEO" is recommended. They offer many settings that help to create a more SEO-friendly site.
- Use SEO-friendly URLs. Basically adding keywords in your URLs is a good idea. In WordPress, this is done by turning on a function called "Permalinks."
- Write original content. Do not copy content from other sites, and if you do, make sure to rewrite it completely to make it your own. More often than not, duplicate content gets filtered by the search engines.
- Write blog posts on a regular basis and cover the latest topics and trends, which tend to get more traffic while they are hot. Fresh content is part of Google's algorithm.
- Optimize your image names and alt tags to include keywords for better placement in the image search portion of the search engines.
- Publish links to your posts on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Also, submit them to social bookmarking sites such as StumbleUpon and Reddit. Social media involvement and links are good for SEO purposes.
- Build links to your main page and internal posts. If you own several blogs, try to find similar posts and link them to each other.
- Write guest blog posts on similar sites for link building purposes. A good way to do this is to ask other bloggers to exchange articles, with guest blog credits. You can also participate in link exchange with other bloggers from blogrolls, but in general try to not have too many outgoing links from your own blogroll, as it may reduce the value of your website.
- Go easy on importing RSS feeds into your blog. While it could be a good source for additional content, you want the majority of your content to be original. If you’re going to use RSS feeds, I recommend keeping it to less than 10 percent of your overall content. If your regular content does not keep up with that ratio, then remove old RSS posts regularly. There was a time when the "Autobloged" plugin for WordPress was being used by many bloggers, or I should say spammy bloggers, with great success. Sites would receive a massive amount of content in little time and would end up getting hundreds of rankings. However, the Panda update makes this difficult.
So that's it, I do hope you guys learned something from it. Well, after reading I guess I'll be posting regularly because this is what Google Algorithm loves (Fresh Content everyday). And for item number 2, I am still trying to figure out about any SEO plugin that is available for Google Blogger. Perhaps I will also need to do Link Exchange with other bloggers. The only thing I did was to make a Referral List of all websites that had made a link to my Blog that is driving traffic coming in and this list was created from my Blogger Statistics. And if you would like to be part of this list, please let me know so I could also include you as my Link partners.
In addition, I was also thinking of item number 7, which is to submit my website to StumbleUpon and Reddit. I haven't signed up on those website until now, so I think it would be a good idea to do that as well. As of this moment, my Social Media links are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To continue our Review about Submit Express, I would also like to share this detailed review done by TopTenREVIEWS
Our TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award winner, Submit Express is an express search engine submission service for getting your website submitted to more than 75,000 locations. Your site is submitted to search engines, directories and links pages. Before you submit, Submit Express will review your site checking design, content and Meta tags. They will then give you expert advice on how to improve your site so you have the best chances for good rankings. Submit Express also has free tools available so you can analyze your Meta tags, check your link popularity and much more for free at Submit Express.
Submission Features: 10/10
Submit Express will review all aspects of your site to make sure that you use proper design, good content, and useful Meta tags according to search engine guidelines. They will let you know if you have any spam or other problems and will give you ranking advice as well as the time needed to fix anything before submitting. Submit Express will manually submit your site to 13 major search engines and directories along with thousands of automatic submissions for a total of over 75,000 submissions. The plan includes only a one–time submission, but discount plans are available for multiple site submissions and re–submissions.
Submission to Large Engines: 10/10
Submit Express submits to all major search engines including Google, Yahoo, AltaVista, AOL, AllTheWeb, iWon, Netscape, MSN, Lycos, Teoma, Ask, DMOZ and more.
Once your site has been submitted, you will receive a detailed submission report via email. Submit Express also hosts free online tools for webmasters. You can use the Meta Tags Analyzer to check your keyword density, web page load time and receive ranking advice. The Link Popularity Check will show you how many sites link to yours, and the keyword suggestion tool will show you relevant keywords for your site and how much traffic they bring. You can generate Meta tags using the generator tool, and you can spider your own site using the Page Snooper; this allows you to see your site the way a search engine would. The information and resources provided will help you improve your site and traffic.
Submit Express offers telephone and email support. They also host a user forum.
Submit Express can get you submitted to thousands of search engines and directories and offers free advice and help on how to improve your rankings. Their website review will polish your website and their online tools will give you the resources you need to get your website noticed.
Bing Launches Facebook App
In an effort to help Facebook users stay on top of and share current events, Bing has created a Facebook app called My Bing News. The new app makes it possible for Facebook users to browse the latest news stories and subscribe to categories, such as sports, politics, or entertainment. Users can also use the app to follow specific topics, such as a celebrity, a sports team, or TV show. Based on user interests, My Bing News automatically pulls top articles from the web to create a personal home page for the user. Read More.